Heritage Baptist Church is a local independent Baptist church comprised of believers whose main goal is to fulfill the Great Commission. Our church was founded upon the unshakable pillars of the Christian faith; the inerrancy of Scripture, the Virgin Birth, the Substitutionary death of Jesus, the literal bodily Resurrection of Christ, and the Pre-tribulation Rapture of the Church. We seek to shine the light of the glorious gospel at home to our surrounding community through outreach and around the world through an international missions program. We believe the church is a living entity empowered by the Holy Spirit and whose job description is to exalt Jesus Christ, edify the saints and grow the body of Christ.
An in depth biblical look at who we are as a church
We are a church that exists for the purpose of glorifying God by teaching and preaching salvation through Jesus Christ and to see individuals live out their faith by the empowering ministry of the Holy Spirit.
We are committed to:
- Worshiping together as a church family through the ministries of preaching, music and edification.
- Fellowshipping together as individuals, couples and families through church related activities.
- Welcoming everyone to come to know Jesus Christ through a personal relationship no matter who they are or where they may be on their spiritual journey.
- Grow the kingdom of God through an aggressive discipleship program and to increase each one's confidence and joy in Christ Jesus through prayer and active service in our church, our community and around the world.
Our mission is the guiding compass of our church. It gives us direction and is the aim of everything that we do.
1. Love God
Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.-Matthew 22:37
2. Grow in Faith
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; 19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.-Ephesians 3:17-19
3. Preach Jesus
And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.-Acts 5:42
4. Make Disciples
And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:18-20
THE BIBLE: We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be the inspired Word of God, inerrant, complete and final revelation of God’s will to man, and the supreme standard to all faith and life. (Isaiah 40:8; II Timothy 3:16, 17; John 10:35; II Peter 1:19-21).
GOD: We believe in one God, omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent, manifesting himself in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; one in nature, attributes, power, and glory. (Genesis 1:1; Mark 12:39; Mathew. 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14; John 1:1-4, 14; John 5:17-27; Philippians 2: 6-11).
JESUS CHRIST: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin, Mary, and that He is true God and true man. (Matthew 1:18-25; Luke 1:26-35; John 1:1-4,14; John 5:17-27; Philippians 2:6-11).
MAN: We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also spiritual death, which is separation from God; that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and are sinners in thought, word, and deed. (Genesis 1:26; 2:7-9, 16, 17; 3:1-9; Psalm 14:3, 4; 51:5; 58:3; Romans 5:12; Ephesians 2:1-3).
SALVATION: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe-on Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood on the cross, and are saved by grace through faith, wholly apart from human-merit and works. (John 1:29; Acts 13:38, 39; 16:31; Romans 3: 21-28; Ephesians 2:8-10, Titus 3:3-8).
REGENERATION: We believe that all who receive the Lord Jesus Christ by faith are born again by the Holy Spirit through the Word of God, and thereby become children of God. (John 3:3-8, 14-16, 1:12, 13, 5:24; 10:28, 29; I Peter 1:23; II Peter 1:4-7; I John 3:1-3).
THE HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, and the administrator of the things of God: convincing of sin, revealing Christ, teaching the truth, restraining evil, energizing believers in prayer, worship and service, and is ever present in the believer as our comforter and helper. (Psalm 139:7-12; John 7:38, 39; 15:26; 16:13, 14; Acts 1:8; Romans 8:9; I Corinthians 6:19; II Thessalonians 2).
SATAN: We believe in the reality and personality of Satan: that he is a created being of beauty and power, the prince of this world, the god of this age, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience; that he fell through pride, and that he will be judged and cast into the lake of fire. (Ezekiel 28:12-18; Isaiah 14:12-14; Job 1:6, 7; John 8:44; Ephesians 2:2; II Corinthians 4:4, 11, 13-15; Revelation 20:1-3, 7-10).
THE RETURN OF CHRIST: We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven, His present life there for us as our High Priest and Advocate, and His personal, bodily, visible, premillenial return to establish His kingdom on earth, to reign as the only potentate: the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. (Luke 24:26-43; John 20:24-29; Acts 1:9, 10; I Corinthians 15:20-25; I Timothy 6:14, 15; Revelation 1:7; 19:11-16; 20:6).
THE RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH: We believe that at any moment the rapture of the saved may occur, when the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven. . . .” to catch up His people to meet Him in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (John 14:1-3; I Thessalonians 4:13-18; I Corinthians 15:51-58).
HEAVEN AND HELL: We believe in the bodily resurrection of all the dead: the saved, to a life of eternal glory and bliss in heaven with God; the unsaved, to eternal judgment of conscious suffering and woe in the lake of fire. (John 5:28-29; Revelation 20:6, 11-15, 21:1-8; Matthew 10:28, 18:8-9, 25:41 and 46; Mark 9:43-49; II Thessalonians 1:6-9).
EVANGELISM: We believe that it is the privilege and responsibility of every believer to be a personal soul winner and to do his utmost to give the Gospel of Christ to the whole world. (Mark 16:15-16; Acts 1:8; Matthew 4:19; John 17:18, 20:21 and II Corinthians 5:20).
SEPARATION: We believe that we are called to be a separated people to abide in Christ, to walk in the Spirit and to enjoy victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. (Romans 12:1-2; Galatians 5:16; I John 2:15- 17; Colossians 3:1-17 and II Corinthians 2:14).
OUR RESOLUTION ON SEPARATION: Whereas the practice of inclusivism is infiltrating fundamentalism, and whereas fundamentalism is a movement of separation, be it therefore resolved that we reaffirm our historic separatist position by observing Scripture.
(1) SEPARATION FROM DOCTRINAL SCHISMATICS AND APOSTATES:
1. “Mark them” (Philippians 3: 17-18) .
2. “Avoid them” (Romans 16: 17-18) .
3. “Identify them’! (I Timothy 1:20; II Timothy 1:15,4:14).
4. “From such turn away” ( I I Timothy 3: 5) .
5. “Reprove them” (Ephesians 5: 11) .
6. “Have no fellowship with them” (Ephesians 5: 11).
7. “Be not unequally yoked together with” (I I Corinthians 6: 14-16)
8. “Come out from among them” ( I I Corinthians 6: 17) .
9. “Reject them” (Titus 3: 10).
(2) SEPARATION FROM DISOBEDIENT SAINTS AND APPEASERS:
1. “Note that man” (I I Thessalonians 3: 14) .
2. “Withdraw yourself” ( I I Thessalonians 3: 14) .
3. “Have no company with” (I I Thessalonians 3: 14) .
4. “Rebuke them sharply” (Titus 1: 13) .
5. “Admonish him as a brother” ( I I Thessalonians 3: 15) .
6. “Count him not an enemy” (I I Thessalonians 3: 15).
7. “Keep not company” (I Corinthians 5: 11) .
8. “With such an one, no, not to eat” (I Corinthians 5: 11) .
(3) SEPARATION IN SOUL-WINNING ACTIVITY: Jude 22-23, “And of some have compassion, making a difference: And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.” Be it further resolved that while’ adhering to this separatist position, we “let brotherly love continue” – Hebrews 13:1.
ORDINANCES: We believe that there are two ordinances of the Church: Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We-believe that believer’s baptism by immersion is the scriptural mode. (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; I Corinthians 11:23-32 and Matthew 3:16).
ETERNAL SECURITY: We believe that all who have truly been born again by the Spirit of God through faith in Christ are eternally secure. We believe it is the privilege of all such to be assured of their present salvation and eternal security. (John 10:20-29, 5:24; II Timothy 1:12; Philippians 1:6 and Romans 8:33-39).